Benign hematology disorder includes those illnesses that resolve completely with or without therapy or do not cause symptoms and do not affect overall lifespan. Some are chronic and lifelong but again do not affect longevity. These are benign hematology disorders that we treat:
- Sickle cell Disease – Pediatrics and Adults
- Anemia due to chronic disease or Iron deficiency.
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia,
an immune-mediated disease causing a low red blood cell count
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP),
an immune-mediated disease causing a low platelet count
- Low blood counts (white count, red cell count, or platelet count)
due to a drug reaction-for example, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia;
related to underlying illness like liver disease, viral illness.
- Thalassemia (mild)
- Hemophilia (mild)
- Von Willebrand’s disease
- Coagulopathy evaluation